Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 July 2015

So it's Oxford




Well its a wild weekend away for the former Wilkinson girls. Yes we are living it up and letting our hair down ( although neither of us have as much as we did last time we were in Oxford.). It is a dead cert that the weekend will not go by in an  uneventful manner

 My Tykey Vikings  were in action against arch rivels Lancashire, over at the other side........no not that other side. I had my besty Tyke tiara on to be supporting them and Pink Hippo was looking very dapper in his Yorkshire jumper, even the Dame Didi Daimler was sporting a 'Yorky Dangler; so we were all set.

well we might have been ready but my Tykes weren't. They are not doing too grand in the T20 series and as you know I do not believe that one man is a team, but with His Royal Ryanness bowing out of short form cricket I think that we are sadly lacking.

They went  onto lose by 29 runs but with the win that they had this week, I can forgive them that.

I havent really checked the other scores but have seen the headlines that Brendon Macullum set some T20 record last night with an amazing knock of  158. Flipping heck.

Now it is grey and over cast after another storm of biblical proportion, just waitng for the plague of locusts!!

I do think though that it is time to get a wriggle on.

Oohh yes I finally got to see Sir Sean of Bean talking about Waterloo in a documentary, If you didn't see this try to get it on catch up it was brilliant, And I got to see the  future 'Lord Lainey' talking very passionately about a period of history that he knew quite a lot about ( he was in the Battle of Waterloo you  know)!!!!!


Oh well off to do 'stuff'

Busy busy
 

No comments :