Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 July 2015

What an evening!






Oh what an evening..having said that,  what a flipping morning, just spent an hour doing my blog and posted it only to find that for some reason it had deleted itself!!!!!

So here is yesterday in a nutshell.

Left the Chateau and hurtled down the A1 to best hotel in the world ( Headingley Lodge), I even got a 'Welcome home' tweet from Yorkshire CCC which made my afternoon.

I had a little nap and then watched the children taking part out on the pitch inthe Drax Cup. Great to see so many little people playing.

Then the Gosneys arrived and we had a spot of dinner, Sam and I swilling Prosecco and Simon on the Rioja.

We were enjoying watching the teams warm up, Sam remarked what amazing eye sight I had, hey I can spot some derrieres at 5 miles!!!

We were onto cheese and biscuits  as our Yorky boys came out on the field and as the wickets tumbled Sam and I were getting very vocal.

We were loving Vinny the Viking who was BRILLIANT, he had some moves!!!!!

At the  end of Durhams innings they had made 191.

The start of the Yorkshire innings saw Finch and Gale going into bat and  we were all cheering and screaming our heads off. However John Hastings made short work of Finch and Galey didn't last much longer.

By the time Jonny Bairstow came into bat we were  back to full voice and did that boy do us proud. Falling short of his century but showing what a brilliant player he is.

It was Lees and Bresnan that finished the game off in 18.5 overs and meant the uncorking of the Bordeaux.

We then realised that the players were signing autographs so Sam and I dragged Simon down so that we could see the boys.

I did my best 'Del Boy' by falling through a gate onto the field after a stweard had not closed it properly.

We got to talk to Galey and then as Glenn Maxwell was approaching I drop my room key onto the field, I leaned over to try to retrieve it,but Glenn said he would get it for me. He then asked me if this was my usual ploy to giveout my room number!!!!!!  Well I never!!!! I went a little pink......and said yes hahahahaha.

We even got to speak to the hero of the hour when Jonny came over and chatted, signing autographs and then took charge of the Lady Lainey phone to take a selfie.

Top boy!!!

And today???

Well I am off for a  quick jog up  Headingley High Street and then back home to the Chateau  to do washing and prepare food for the mob for tomorrow. I am off to Chester le Street................but I know where I would rather be.

And when will the 'Tyke Trio' be meeting up again......................ASAP!!!!

No comments :