Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Good morning from my sick bed



Well yesterday was a lovely cricket day where I lolled around on the chaise longue and watched cricket constantly.............................even seeing my newly adopted Adelaide Strikers lose their match (  Adil Rashid couldn't pull it back). Then I watched the England v South Africa match.

I settled myself down to watch TV after stumps, and then felt a little bit 'strange'. Now lots of you that know me would say that strange is a good description of me, however I felt even 'strangerer' ( yes I know its not a real word but that's how I felt).
Long story short......I was not too well and then developed a thumping headache and then felt got very hot and cold in the space of 5 minutes so I took myself off to bed.

Where I still am, having not woken up until 8.45am  which in my books is very jolly late,so I am assuming that I was quite poorly.

I feel not too bad this morning, but I am still in bed, I am listening to the test match and I am trying to get this blog out onto 'tinterweb' before tomorrows is due.

Now back in Lady Laineys cricket land, many of you will know that I have a little crush on Abraham Benjamin and will sing his praises all day,  well over the past few weeks I have been developing a crush on Dale Steyn, I love 'that stare'. Its severe to say the least.

However how much of the stare will I be seeing in the next few games?, as he had to leave the game with a shoulder injury, scans showed that there was no muscle tear but he was still in discomfort this morning and looks to be rested until the start of the second test. Hopefully he will be fit to take the field then.

it is currently nearly lunch in South Africa and  England are standing on 249-6 with 'my lad' Jonny Bairstow at the crease.

I am going to lie in my bed for a little while longer and maybe have a bowl of porridge ( just call me  'gingilocks) and then get myself up,showered and dressed.

and watch more cricket.






No comments :