Powered By Blogger

Saturday 26 December 2015

It's Boxing day and it's cricket




Well it's Boxing Day and I have been listening to the Australia V West Indies match on t'wireless all night................well I say listening, I have heard some of it in between  naps!!!
Australia were 345-3 at the close.

I however woke up thinking that I was in bed with Geoff Boycott and after my experience at the Headingley Lodge sleeping in the Geoff Boycott suite with his picture on the wall ( which I had to cover with a towel), that is a scary thought. I sat bolt upright and then realised that  he was on t'wireless starting the commentary on the Test between England and South Africa.

'Time to get up then!!!!' then I thought.

So Christmas came and went in a haze  of Sloe Gin Martinis, lots of Yorkshire themed pressies, bottles of my favourite perfume and  well everything that I could wish for............................except the Yorkshire team, what with TLJL, Jack Brooks and Gillespie he Gallant being in Australia, it would have been a low show...............and then Captain Gale only became a dad again yesterday. Yes a little boy on Christmas Day, how lovely, I love babies!!!!


Meanwhile back in South Africa England have got to 12-1 as Captain Cook goes for a duck and rain has stopped play!!!.
Oh well the Captain can continue his birthday celebrations from yesterday now that he is back in the bar  dressing room.

I am once again making bread and doing a buffet as besty friend Francesca and Lucky the Westie are arriving any time.....................

I think that a Sloe Gin Martini may be in order! and then we are trying several ( read as  A LOT) of real ales as we plough our way through a mound of leftovers.

I hope that you all had a good Christmas and that Boxing day is a quiet and peaceful one for you.

Until tomorrow when hopefully I will be able to relay better news from South Africa.





No comments :