Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 December 2015

Review of 2015




Review of 2015  




January

So 2015 arrived and I Lady Lainey wondered what would be in store for me this year. I had decided not to go dry for January after last years failed attempt ( well I made it until 2.30pm on New Years Day).
His Royal Ryanness celebrated his birthday and the weather here in blighty was wet and windy, until the end of the month when snow arrived and I decided that I should be a hedgehog and go into hibernation!!
Yorkshire announced that they would have Aaron Finch and Glenn Maxwell for the summer and I got my tiara in a right old tizzy!!!



February
 Oh lordy  February!!!! and I was busy doing all things Lady Lainey like ( shopping for shoes and hats and handbags).
I won a copy of besty book in the whole flipping world 'A Champion Year' the inside story of the 2014 championship win by my boys.
We had more snow and Yorkshire told how they were letting Gillespie the Gallant head off to the BBL at the end of the year to coach The Adelaide Strikers............this filled me with great joy..............winter cricket and GTG too.
His Royal Ryanness signed with Yorkshire  until the end of 2016 and I was even more excited!
I headed off to Headingley for a guided tour,I got to sit on HRR's 'spot' where he had left a pile of dirty socks!( I DID NOT TOUCH THEM!!)
I walked on to the hallowed turf and got my hands on the championship trophy.
Ahhh I was in complete Cricket Tragic heaven


 I also went off to the cricket expo where I met the lovely Richard from Flicx Cricket the people who made the wicket for my garden.

March

Saw the World Cup in full swing with Ireland giving it their best shot, which was far better than England's!
I was in a tizzy as we were only a month away from the new season.
I started to sort out the 'cricnic' equipment in preparation.
I was not  feeling too great and trying very hard to stop it turning into the 'heart palpitating, temperature spiking' lurgy, I managed to avoid it and felt that I had won a great battle.
Lots of trouble brewing in Super swanky Lady Lainey office but nothing new there!!
I hit 1000 blogs, yes 1000 days of my inane ramblings!!
Went for hypnotherapy, not sure if it is helping but I get to nod off for an hour.


April

OOOh off I toddled to Headingley to see my boys and to watch them take on Leeds/Bradford Uni. His Royal Ryanness was being 'saved' for the first game of the season. I had a wonderful few days relaxing in lovely spring weather and feeling a million miles away from everything.
The first real match of the season saw HRR injured!!! Torn calf muscle and I was in bits!!! Its times like this when I am glad I got my First Aid badge in Brownies, I would have been able to assist ( not sure if he would have wanted the kiss of life).

Dame Didi put her house on the market ready to move back home to La Belle France. Wooohoooo mon vacances are resorted!
I  went off to Chester le Street  and even cheered on former besty home county of Durham. Lainey and friendy Janey spent most the time tucked up in blanky which would become a regular member of the cricket crew, due to the weather being flipping freezing

May

Saw the arrival of a new baby,and not just any baby. We saw the arrival of Princes Charlotte daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and sister of the gorgeous Prince George. I love babies.
 I was once married to one!!!!!
Mr Funky and I headed off to Marton cricket club ( former recipient of Lady Lainey tea services) to see Yorkshire thrash the Marton 1st XI. however this was not to be as it had poured with rain most of the day. So we watched GTG being interviewed instead. Then ate our packed tea and went home cold but happy ( well I was).
Rumours began that GTG would be the new England coach................WTF!!!! would he really take the worst job in the world, well sadly he seemed keen.
Dame Didi was planning to return 'home' to look for a new house and to restock Lady Laineys pantry with proper food!!!
Italy as coached by Joe Scuderi were in action in the ICC T20  and won both of their opening matches.


June


 Saw Mr Funky the chauffeur and I  head off to Chester le Street to see the ODI where I have to say the wonderful Jonny Bairstow played a blinder, and we alternated between being rained on and getting third degree sunburn.


I helped out a lady who was trying to start a new life after leaving her abusive husband. something that made me feel that I had done something to help someone in need, but also brought back some very bad memories for me.
Yorkshire played their Roses game at home and lost!!
I had 3 days at Headingley although HRR wasn't playing. I was guest of the Middlesex President none other than Harry Latchaman. I got to meet Ray Illingworth and sit beside Dickie Bird at lunch.
A wonderful 3 days and also made better as we celebrated The First Lady of Middlesex's birthday


I went off to Pontefract to visit besty friends Sam & Simon, lots of wonderful food and lots of wine.
The Australian cricket team took up camp at old work place of Merchant Taylors school and very good the old pavilion looked too.
His Royal Ryanness returned to duty fully fit whilst I started with tennis elbow which was to continue to plague me to date.


July
 started well and continued in the same vein, My boys were at Durham and played a fantastic match completely hammering them (very technical cricket lingo). I made cake for the boys and was given credit on Twitter for my efforts.
Had a  very mad night out at Headingley with Sam & Simon Gosney. Luckily all members of the Yorkshire team were great fun especially Mr Maxwell who made I Lady Lainey blush ( please never mention a hotel key to me again)!!!!



Dame Didi and I headed off down to Oxfordshire for the annual memorial service for our Uncle Joe who lost his life in the worst RAF peacetime aircrash.
As expected this did not go without incident when I got an eyeful of a naked parachute instructor in the mini bus next to the car .................yes another example of the fact that we are not fit to be let loose.
Yorks were still top of Division one!
Fun Sophie Brown also came up to Chester Le street and got to ride in the 'funky bus'. a great night was had by all


August
Ahhh August my favourite month.
My Tykes were at Chester le Street and I had  made a vegan carrot cake for GTG, he was much appreciative.
I went to stay over with Dame Didi at Chateau Saltburn before  I decamped to Scarbados, for the festival  and to live it up
And so I did. I was also a very lucky lady as I provided with complimentary tickets to the whole match, access all areas ( well not the dressing room obviously!).
Well what can I say Yorkshire gave Durham a thrashing in 3 days and I was the happiest bunny in the world!

Once again aught up again with El Presidenti and First Lady of Middlesex, this time at  Chester le Street,which rounded off the month.


September
The month began with me being given the chance to interview Gillespie the Gallant at Headingley. I was shaking like a leaf, whilst he was an absolute wonderful interviewee and great fun to boot.
He took a leaf out of Glenn Maxwell's book and made me blush ( flipping heck twice in one year!!)
Tennis elbow was getting worse and the quack was at a loss as to what to do next.
Yorskhire were still unbeaten as they headed to Lords, where I should have been with El Presidenti and 1st Lady of Middx CCC ( whilst cheering on me lads). sadly I could not make it.


The championship was won although Yorks lost their only match of the season.
 I got  to interview GTG again!!!! I have to say that he has been a very kind to the Lady allowing her to chat to him . 
I got to see my Tykes lift the trophy at Headingley for the second season running.

Not a Rugby person, I became embroiled in 'elevatorgate' after the Canadian Rugby team were in my hotel. I met them in the lift and the rest is very much top secret but some of them were on an illegal passout.
Spent the last evening of the season with Sam and Simon in Pontefract. Perfect end to a perfect cricket marathon
.
October
Well I sort of went in to a decline but work was keeping me busy. I was still struggling with tennis elbow which refused to go away and meant that I was not getting any sleep, never good in my books.
The quack then decided that the gym might be the way forward and I ventured into the world of weight lifting...........which actually  started to help
I hit 1200 blogs, that is some going..................for everyone who reads them!!!
clocks went back and so did I ........to bed. I hate the cold and dark!
Work in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office increased 10 fold which meant that I had less free time to think about the lack of cricket.


November
Dark and dreary apart from............
Yeah my birthday month, The Gosneys, Sam & Simon came to stay and a great weekend was had by all.



I finally got to clear some 'deadwood' out of my life meaning that I felt a huge sense of relief, and something that I should have done earlier in the year.
We lost out besty Auntie B which was heartbreaking, although I know that she will be setting Uncle frank straight and no doubt giving my Dad an ear bashing!!!!

went to visit besty friends Nikki and Dave and got lots of hugs from Millie whilst I imparted to her everything that I knew about men..............well that took up all of 3 seconds!!!



December
Saw Gillespie the Gallant head out to Australia to coach the besty team in the Antipodes, The Adelaide Strikers.
'Go Strikers'
Lady Lainey and one office boy took a trip to London to super swanky private club for works Christmas Do, it was flipping brilliant..................I think!!!!
We lost Great Aunt Rose who at 106 had a great innings and was a bit crotchety at times, but hell she was allowed to be, she had seen a heck of a lot happen in her lifetime.
Snow appeared and took us all by surprise but quickly disappeared.
Christmas came and I had a couple of four legged visitors, Zena warrior rottweiller and Lucky the West highland Terrier.


It was over in a flash and I prepared myself for going alcohol free for the first month of the year.



And what a year it has been,
Dame Didi in remission from the hideous cancer which blighted her year in 2014.
Yorkshire doing the double
Lady Lainey getting to meet her all time idol, Gillespie the Gallant................
what will 2016 hold?

Who knows?

What I do know is that I managed to get though the review of the year with out one mention of 'he who must not be named in the blog'. OOOHHH balderdash!!! just did it!.

however I wish you all a very Happy New Year and I will see you all in 2016


love

Lady Lainey


No comments :