Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 January 2016

Bird watching Sunday



Well it's that time of year again, when I spend an hour glued to the goings on of the winged visitors to my garden ( and other things that may be about this morning). yes I am involved in the annual RSPB survey.

So I will settle down at about 10am and watch the comings and goings in the extensive grounds of Temperance Towers.
I had in the past few weeks increased the amount of 'fat balls' and peanuts and seeds that I have put out as well as leaving water for them.

I am hoping that once I have the new patio laid I will get a 'bird feeding station as well as a bird bath.

However before that is happening there is a little matter of cleaning........................how can one person make so much mess?????

I also have other jobs to do, but am having a visit from Dame Didi, its all go!

Well I never, reading the sports news I see that Michael Clarke is coming out of retirement to play some grade cricket, with a view to some limited overs cricket. The 34 year old has obviously missed the game a lot.

Games not to miss out on this season are any that have Yorkshire involved.
Young Will Rhodes, has been talking about how the team could very well do the treble this season.
Well if they do I will be one very happy Lady AND probably jolly squiffy too!

Gillespie the Gallant is now back on British soil and ready for the upcoming season.
He said that he has learnt a lot over in Australia with The Adelaide Strikers. I am not too bothered about Yorks going top in T20 and Limited overs cricket , I am more interested in the County Championship. I know that some members expect them to excel in all areas of the game. I however am more of a purist and love the four day matches.


Rightio, time to go.

Things to do birdies to watch.






No comments :