Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 January 2016

GO STRIKERS







Oh yes I deedy, it was a most extraordinary match yesterday as the Strikers were hosted by the Melbourne Renegades.

I don't really know where to start so I think that the beginning would be a good place.! I was keeping up on twitter in the office so by the time I went home I already knew the score, however watching put a whole new slant on it.
I had to turn the commentary off as 'He who must not be named in the blog' was yacking on about how wonderful he was, what a great player he was, how he supported all things South African..................
..............see I told you next stop a SA cap, I am sure he will think that THEY need him after the recent tests.

Anyhooo I digress. The Strikers went into bat and made a very good start although after bringing on Travis head at no 3 the poor boy was out for a duck, and after finding out he had been selected for the Australian T20 side too!

They closed on 170-5

Renegades  had to win this match to stay in the competition and Chris Gayle looked as if he had decided to start and finish the match as he hit the fastest T20 50.
However  its not often that a batsman who scored a big fat zero then comes out and takes wickets but that is what Travis Head did! taking White, cooper and then Gayle.
 Wickets fell and The renegades looked in big trouble, and they were, as they lost the game, leaving The Strikers winning by 27 runs!!

I had my maternal head on as I watched Gayle hit the lovely Greg West all over the stadium, however he is young and will be a force to be reckoned with. mark my words!

And if you listen to what I say you will know that I am right more often than not. Take Steve Finn for instance, I said that he would be crocked this tour and sure as eggs is eggs, it was announced yesterday that he would take no further part in the South African antics due to a side strain!!!
I hope that  he was on the next plane home and not allowed to loll around in the sunshine as he did last year in Australia.

He says that he will be back, but I cannot believe that they keep selecting someone who is crocked more often than he is fit!
Liam Plunkett is getting a second bit of the cherry as he was called in as a replacement, I just hope that they play him this time!

oh well when I am the Queen of cricket things will change!

So off to don my work tiara and head off to be the Queen of the office, although there is another in the office who could live up to the 'queen' moniker. I will leave it at that!






No comments :