Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 January 2016

It's blowing a gale



It's blowing a gale outside and when I woke up this morning my first thought was 'I hope there will be some cricket today'.
And I didn't mean in South Africa, I had been dreaming that I was on my way to Headingley!
Ah well it isn't long until I head off down the A1 and am ensconced in my room at The Headingley Lodge being looked after by the lovely Helen and all the gang.
Yes the domestic season is getting closer.

Meanwhile back in South Africa, England have some serious batting to do today to try halt a defeat. Having closed on 52-3, they need  382 to win.
Well stranger things have happened in cricket, but I am not going to be holding my breath, as I do not fancy turning a very strange shade of blue in the office!
Does the England top order need looking at?

Well I think that something needs to be done, although what?

In other Lady Like news I have been invited to the wedding of besty friend in the UAE Rob Duncan. He is getting himself hitched ( for the 3rd time!!! Methinks that he likes wedding cake a tad too much). When I said that I would try to get there he  was a little miffed, I said that I would definitely be at his next one!! Which didn't go down too well!!!!!

His wedding does however coincide with Yorkshire being out there on tour.................................well that puts a very different slant on things.

And I suppose that if I go I can catch up with former work colleague Joanne........ahhh decisions, decisions!

Must check with El Presidenti of Middx CCC and see if himself and the First Lady are out there too, that should be fun!

However holidays are really the last thing on my mind at the moment as I am contemplating the drive into Super Swanky Lady Lainey office in this wind. I fear the limo will be getting a buffeting on the A1.

Well lots to do and only 7 working hours to do it in, best get my work tiara on and head off to shout at boys drink copious amounts of green tea and look pretty.

And don't forget that I am very near the finish line in my 'Dry January' challenge, raising awareness and funds for Yorkshire Cancer Research and Cricket without boundaries.

My Justgiving page is







No comments :