Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 January 2016

Oh my goodness me!!!



This is how I feel this morning, I feel like I have the worst hangover in the world but since no alcohol was involved I assume I have

1. Withdrawal symptoms

2. A blackcurrant squash hangover

3. I am coming down with something

I am hoping it is number 2 as I am back in super swanky Lady Lainey office tomorrow and need to be in top form for the onslaught of the Christmas tales.

Yesterday was the first day of the second test in South Africa. England went into bat and I am pleased to say that 'my lad' Jonny Bairstow is playing a blinder and will shortly be heading out onto the field to take up where he left off last night.
The loss of  Cook on 27 gave Hales a chance to shine and he made 60. Durhams Ben Stokes is currently on 74.

friends Sophie and Terry landed in Cape Town at about 3,20 pm and made it to the ground by 5pm which is true dedication and  I know that she was hoping to be waited on by Dale Steyn, however with his arm in a sling ( not confirmed) I don't think he was up to carrying a tray!

I had a lazy day watching the cricket which included a nap and missing James Taylor being out for a duck!!!
and before I knew it, it was time for bed and more sleep.

Today is more cricket and I hear the sound of the washing machine on the spin cycle, yes we are back to full on washing again. All the bedding was done yesterday and today it is towels and  'smalls' not that you really wanted to know that!


I tell you this being a 'Lady' lark is not all it is cracked up to be.

Ben Stokes has just got his century as I type.

And finally

The sad news filtered through last night that Sussex bowler Matthew Hobden has died aged 22 years old,

Thoughts are with family and friends of a talented young man who has been taken too early.






No comments :