Powered By Blogger

Saturday 30 January 2016

Saturday at last



Thank  goodness it's Saturday and I am free to do what ever I want. Which usually means washing and housework, however it will also include clearing up the extensive grounds of the chateau after the hideous winds yesterday.

Goodness me my newly cut barnet took a battering yesterday and by the time I had got into super swanky Lady Lainey office I was looking more 'dragged through a hedge backwards' than 'front cover of Vogue'!!!

Good news filtered through yesterday as it was announced that the lovely Abraham Benjamin would remain as captain of South Africa, after deputising for the last two tests AB will lead the team in the home series against New Zealia ( as they are known in the Chateau) that starts in August.

Joss Butler is 'desperate' to play in the T20 series after losing his wicket keeping place to Jonny Bairstow...................................well the answer to that conundrum is that he should have played better when given the chance. This boy has hardly made a blip of the 'Laindar' and to be honest I think the hype is bigger than his talent.

I still think that they should insert the Yorkshire team ( including the old war horse His Royal Ryanness) and see how they shape up!

Things are hotting up in Chateau de Saltburn as Dame Didi went to war with the estate agent. She is determined to be in France for ever before Xmas this year.
The dozy agents made lots of promised which they failed to keep, so with some words of advice from moi, and after numerous phone calls, Dame Didi put quill to paper and sent them a letter.
Well that did the trick and she is now hopefully on the home straight.
She is also getting things set in stone for the grand birthday bash in September ( I am not allowed any cricket that weekend) and the super fabby disco that played at my '21st' will hopefully be blasting out for us all to get up and shake our ample bulk to.

Hark I hear the sound of the washing machine on spin cycle so that can mean only one thing.............time to end this tome for today.

Have a great weekend and get lots of 'naps' ( I know that I will)



No comments :