Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 January 2016

welcome to 2016



Well it is the start of a New Year and it is nearer to the domestic cricket season. YIPPPPEEEE!!!

I have made my resolutions and they are

1. get fit

2. Lose weight

3. Make Dry January count

4. keep my distance from negative people ( so won't be seeing Kiki this year!)

5. Think about the important people in your life ( that would be me, me, Didi, Lord Christophe, tricky Dickie and me )

6.Be kind and considerate to all people

7. Watch cricket at every single opportunity

So that said,  here at Temperance Towers ( temporary name for Chateau de Champions),I am this morning starting with  a teeny tiny hangover, something that I will not know for a few weeks from today.


And what about today then?

well as a little treat to start my Dry January I am going out for lunch and will enjoy every moment of it.

Yesterday in the Chateau started bright and early as I was up to watch the Adelaide Strikers in their match , OMG!!!!

It was not looking good as The Sydney Sixers had put on 182 and although I was cheering like made I was not sure they would do it.

No problem, Travis Head  the 22 year old  having hit centuries in domestic cricket in Australia and being touted by Ricky Ponting as a must have for the Australian team this summer, stepped up and started hitting the ball,
With 13 needed off the last over he hit three sixes and then realised that not only had the Strikers won the match but he had hit a century.
That was some New Year Eves  celebration.

To say that I was happy is an understatement and I was cheering like a good 'un,

The stadium was packed to the rafters with 50,000 people watching, my first thoughts were, ' how would security at Durham cope with a quarter of that amount', we would all be camping in the car park as they would not be able to cope with the 'grand depart' . Hecky thump they struggle with getting 100 cars out of the car park without there being a traffic jam!!!!

 Now I am embarking on day one of my 'Dry January' challenge were I am supporting Yorkshire Cancer Research and Cricket without Boundaries.

Both very worth whole charities, one working hard here in Yorkshire, supporting and trying to help to prevent cancer.
The other working  out in Africa, were they are using cricket to help to educate against the spread of Aids/HIV and also to try to educate against FGM.

Two very great charities which I hope that you will help me to raise lots of money for.

Seriously they must be great if I am giving up booze for a month!!!

if you do feel that you would like to donate the link is below, and thank you in advance





1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Thought No.5 was going to say: Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb!!