Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 February 2016

busy day ahead


well it's Sunday and where did Saturday go.....................well I was under a blanky on the sofa watching cricket for most of the day and then Black Knight of the Ferrari came round ( again) and we had a spot of dinner ( fish chips and mushy peas......proper gourmet food in my gaff).
I was suffering from the hangover from hell, after partaking in my first drink since new Years Eve, on Friday night. yes 'cheap date; took on new meaning as after 2 glasses of Cockspur I was rendered worse than useless.

So cricket was the order of the day and South Africa took their bats in hand and looked in big trouble from the start, however AB steadied the ship.
England batted as normal, with only Alex Hales looking prepared.
 I am now losing patience with the fact that  an on field umpires decision is so easily overrulled by a player who wants a 'review'.
The 2 men in white out on the field used to make a decision and that was that, then they introduced a '3rd' umpire  who then reviewed the TV footage, and then the teams were given a chance to appeal a decision.
It's just not cricket!!!

anyhoo England won and are two up in the series.

Elsewhere  ( facebook land), I have a friend who constantly posts pictures of her family, all the things they are doing and what a grand time they have doing it. Not now and again but everyday.
Along with the like 'mantras; I love my daughter/son/grandchildren/partner/step daughter.well you get the gist.

I shudder when I see that she has uploaded another 50 picture in the new album entitled 'Friday night family frolics'   or 'My son being sick after a night out with his mates'

Am I the only person  who thinks this is too much???

I do not feel the need to profess how much I love my sisters/nephews/great neices/next doors dog on Facebook or any other form of social media.
Sadly as I know my friend very well, I also know that what is seen on socail media is not a true representation.
I guess sometimes people think it is important to 'pretend; to have a perfect life.

I know one thing, my life is less than perfect but its perfect for me!!!

OMG what a chuffing ranting blog from me,

guess I had better head to Homebase and gt the things that Dame Didi ordered.




No comments :