Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 February 2016

It's hump day



Its mid week and I  should be happy that I am mid way to the weekend, however  I am wishing the  week away and cannot wait for the weekend..............................

....................hang on!!!! No chance of lying around in  bed all weekend, Dame Didi and I are off to Leeds!!!! oh yes we are. I am not sure if Leeds is ready for us, Sheffield is just to say recovering.

I had a very busy day in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office yesterday  and can see that today will be much the same, however it keeps me out of mischief.

I spent last night in work mode, as I reopened the doors of the mini empire of Dame Didi and I , over the past two years we have not done too much with the business and it had stagnated.
However I have decided that I need to step up and take the opportunity to  get the business back on track.
It also means that I get the chance to go sourcing new products which is like shopping but spending  the business money!!!

I am hoping that the next few weeks might prove profitable for us.

Over in Cricket Land, it was announced that Andrew Flintoff has been elected as President of the PCA!!!!!!

Well as Joe Scuderi said
 'Woohooo free pedalos for everyone'
I couldn't have put it better myself Joseph!!!

It was also announced that the squad, for the MCC tour to the UAE to take on champions of the world, Yorkshire, had been given a bit of a shake up. Scott borthwick is not going and Samit Patel is taking his place.

The chunky monkey that is Samit will always have a place in the hearts of Mr Funky the chauffeur and I, as we had to sit through a match with 3 drunken Scots sitting behind us, chanting 'Samit, Samit...' every time he was near us ( and even when he was on the other side of the field).
If we hadn't known who he was before we certainly did by the end of the day!!!

I have been listening to the to an interview with a group of cricketers, who every year in February play a game of cricket at St Moritz!!!!! on ice!!!!. If you get the chance to listen to it you can find the link on the BBC Sport, cricket page.

Right I have to get a wriggle on, there is no ice but it is jolly frosty outside the chateau. Luckily the Lady Lainey limo is tucked up in the garage so no scarping for me!

See you tomorrow.





No comments :