Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 February 2016

Saturday and what to do today?




It's Saturday and I am wondering about going out for a spin in the Lady Lainey limo (sadly,  not the one above, I would love a Maserati but it would have to be in 'Blu Sofisticato,).

By the time that I have shifted my battered and bruised posterior, there is no doubt that I will spend a good part of today lying on my side on the sofa.

I managed to get washing done last night ( well ill or not I have to do my washing), and I also managed to tidy up the Boot Room before heading off to besty friend Lorraines for dinner.

I may venture into the dressing room and the office and see if I can make some headway in there, I only said I might!!!

The other thing is that I have decided to check out what I may need for the upcoming cricket season and think that I may have a  'dress situation'  going on, so best to leave the dressing room until I have sorted that little dilemma out.

This 'situation' consists of every dress that  I own being hung up in the dressing room and then tried on whilst I decide if they stay or go and if I need new ones.
One thing to note is that I RARELY go to cricket in a dress ( especially at Chester le Street as it is usually somewhat chilly), and in all seriousness am not sure what all the panic is about. However you never know this season I may turn over a new(ish) leaf and go to cricket more 'Lady' than 'Bag lady'.

Take 'winter coats',  I have long ones, ( 2 camel, 1 cream, 2 navy, 1 blue mix, 1 grey, 1 brown) then knee length ones ( 1 red, 1 grey,1 grey mix, 1 camel, 1 black) and the short ones (2 cream, 1 red, 1 grey, 1 black). Do I need them all.....................well funnily enough I have worn all of them this winter so they can stay.

Now do I start a shoe and sandal situation?????

Its going  to be tough old day!!

I have been sorting things out for the charity shop and being really ruthless ( not the namby pamby  cull I have had previously). I now have the landings full of boxes and I am not stopping until I really can see a difference. I cannot believe in 3.1/2 years how much 'stuff' I have accumulated and I don't really need it either.

Anyhoooo enough of the wardrobe woes of Her Ladyship, England had woes a plenty as they took on South Africa in the first T20 match.
Now I only saw a smidgeon of the match and am yet to watch in full but just to say that they lost on the final ball, so its tomorrow that is going to be exciting!.

Dinner with Lorraine and Zena was lovely, what a pair Lorraine and I made, me with my poorly coccyx and her with her broken back!

Lorraine has spent her working life a a nanny to the stars and has  been jet setting around the world, but a freak accident a couple of years ago was the cause of the broken back and meant that she will never go back to the job she loves.
She is however the most cheerful person I know and we had a great evening going over memories of the fun that we have had when we were not sentenced to a life of drudgery in Ladylaineyville.
She was the first person  I really got to know when I moved here, I met her over the fence when she was at her Grans, whose garden backed onto ours. She was dressed up as a birthday present for the town carnival ( where she won first prize!).
Ahh yes lots of fun memories especially of when we were in The Brownies and went on pack holiday.  We used 10 bottles of Windolene on the outside windows and they had to get a professional window cleaner in to finish the job!

Well lots to do and lots to sort, and also have to catch up on 'Question of Sport' from last night. His Royal Ryanness was on!!!!





No comments :