Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 February 2016

Thoughts for Thursday



Isn't it funny that you trundle through your life and make friends and lose friends along  the way, school, work, pub, supermarket queue...........these were the sort of places that you made friends.

Well now  its a little bit more different.

In the last few years being on Twitter I have met and made some wonderful friends. The lovely Sam and Simon, who I managed to drag into one of Lady Lainey's crazy escapades ( see above).

I also met the lovely Sophie and cannot wait to meet up again this time at Headingley were we will be sitting on opposite sides of the fence for the match and sharing the same bottle of vino afterwards. ( I bet I  can get Sophie in to a photo with some Yorks CCC player).

I met the lovely Janey and her hubby, my besty sushi pal Alan, through Twitter and we now all meet up at Chester Le Street, for cricket, where we have coffee and cake and monster munch!!!!
Pauly Paul and Mr Funky the chauffeur have been in my life 'pre twitter' but deserve a mention too, most especially that cheeky Pauly Paul who makes very rude remarks about His Royal Ryanness, not sure what he will have to say to me when HRR  retires ( perish the thought!)

Friends are not always the people that have been in your life for eons ( as I know to my cost, blog 1/4/13 ).

The one thing that I can say about these friends, is that we all got to know each other through Twitter and through our mutual love of cricket...................what better friends to have in your life than super cricket chums!
There are lots of other people that I have have 'met' through Twitter and will hopefully see (again) this season, Gary, Nigel and Mark to name but three.
Cricket is a wonderful and very sociable game and Twitter is great for bringing like minded people together.

And talking cricket those Australian boys have  hit the number one Test ranking spot again. After beating New Zealia they topped the pile and I am secretly glad ( not so secret now!).


On this day

1938 Farokh Engineer Indian cricket wicket keeper was born


1989 Javed Miandad scores 271 v NZ  at Eden Park

1991 New Zealias Andrew Jones scored a twin test  centuries against Sri Lanka


And with that I am off!!!
To do much less interesting stuff!





No comments :