Powered By Blogger

Thursday 18 February 2016

Thursday and I can now sit down properly



Well whoop di flipping do I can now sit on both buttocks!!!! For about 10 minutes, and then I have to return to the one buttock lop sided sitting that I have been used to since last Fridays events.

I am still unable to lie on my back in bed or to turn over without huge amounts of pain and what seems like some kind of military manoeuvre , but I seem to be getting 'there'.  I am not sure where 'there' is or how long it will take to get 'there' but I am obviously moving in the right direction!

Well to be moving is a blessing and that seems to be getting easier every day, hell, I will be back in the gym with young 'Mr Nice Smile' before you can say 'Lady Lainey Robinson'.

I was coaxed yesterday, into emailing the lovely editor of the BBC re the job in Derbyshire. She was super lovely and said that sadly  I no journo experience whereas  a lot of  the applicants   did.............. but she did say that they would keep me on standby as you never know what might happen.
Holy macaroni!!!!!

Wouldn't that be amazing, she who was born with a silver bat in her hand, being on the BEEB!!!!

Hahahahaha that will take some topping.

Thank you to my 'coaxer' for pushing me to take a risk!


I think that Cally Cricket in Leeds should have a sidekick............................


So England had a little warm up T20 match yesterday afternoon  in preparation for Friday and Sunday's matches.
They beat South Africa A, and even Captain Morgan managed to rack up some runs ( 42).
They won by 44 runs.
Now we just have to wait until tomorrow to see if this T20 team are as good as the hype surrounding them.

Little bits on Twitter yesterday were hinting that 'He who must not be named in the blog' was thinking of 'trying out' for South Africa. Goodness me!!!! he will have more nationalities than I, Lady Lainey ( french, Yorkshire, English).
I was fair having a chuckle, (a full on belly laugh is out of the question with the back injury), they didn't want him originally hence him  coming to England.
This morning I have read that he has no intention of attempting to return to international cricket with South Africa....................................or maybe he realised that they still don't want him.
As he has not played international cricket since 2014, he could be eligible in 2018, which would make him 37, knocking on a bit. ( to be honest as I am only 21 any one over 25 is knocking on!).
I think that it is time that he gave it up.
'Come on Kev' your international days are over'

So endeth the KP rant!

Yorkshire have loaned out Josh Shaw for the season. Shaw made two appearances in the T20 squad last season but failed to take a wicket.
Letting the youngster go and work with another team is a great move for him and hopefully he will return next season with some tricks up his sleeve.

Right I am off to work.............................well you know the score, shout at boys, drink copious amounts of coffee with a green tea chaser and look pretty for 7 hours.







No comments :