Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 February 2016

Valentines Day







Now please don't think that I am unromantic, but I don't understand why people have to have one day of the year to say how they feel.
It is just a marketing mans vision of a mahooosive money making scheme?

The price of flowers has gone through the roof and  if you are sending red  roses ( *shudders in horror*), then you will have to remortgage your house to send a dozen.

I have always been of the thinking that if you are to mark this day then put your craft skills to good use and make something. This I feel is far more personal.

Sitting in the office day in day out listening to the 'boys' calling their respective spouses worse than mud for 364 days of the year, they are all trying to out spend  each other on presents for the said spouses now that Valentines Day is approaching.
Oh yes, we have a platinum/diamond eternity ring from one, this has  set the bar for the other to try to outdo and to be honest listening to it is ridiculous.
So overly expensive weekends away in country hotels, with 'hot tub on the patio' and champagne cream tea is one booking being made.........................this made me think, is this just boys view of what women want?


You may  all be thinking that I am sounded disgruntled or jaded, but in all my romantic attachments ( there have been a couple), I have preferred a homemade card and meal to some overly priced, mass produced card from Hallmark.

And this year, well as I love me very, very much I have rewarded myself with the chance to see as many Yorkshire matches this season as I can squeeze in . Best Valentines pressie to myself ever! And I did sort of 'make' it myself as I had to work for it.

And also I am spending today watching cricket which is better in my books than making my skin pruney in  hot tub, whilst sniffing country air.
I would like to say that I am sitting comfortably watching cricket but my coccyx is saying other things!!!

I am making lunch for Black Knight of the Ferrari, who is nipping in on his way to the airport as he heads off on his head clearing, life inspiring travels.
And if you think that I am preparing anything romantic......think again, homemade chicken nuggets with homemade oven chips, ratatouille and sweetcorn fritters. Not a romantic meal at all.

For everyone reading this who is in love (shudders), well good on you, and I hope that you all enjoy your day.
I however am enjoying the cricket and a fab book by Scot Mariani ( another pressie for me from me, via the church roof appeal book stand, so doing my bit to help out too) called 'The Martyrs Curse'. I can see I will be searching out more by this author.

Happy Valentines Day



No comments :