Powered By Blogger

Saturday 6 February 2016

cricket





 

From  being  just a tiny lady


My cricket memory was never shady


And as I got older and more aware

The game of Cricket was always there.


From club to county I watched it all,

At MTS,  I was never AWOL.

Hampshire took up lots of time

And  Durham as they came into their prime.


But in my heart there was never a doubt

Yorkshire were my champs, with plenty of clout

Watching them through good and bad

Never doubting that victory would be had.


The thrill of the run chase

Still never fails to amaze

Bowling techniques

The ‘howzat’ shrieks


A maiden over

Cow corner in clover!

Mid off or in the slips

My love of the game never dips.


So as the season is nearly here

And I start to  get myself into ‘gear’
 

I will be sat in sun, or as winds blow

Because I love the sound of leather on willow!



No comments :