Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 March 2016

Busy morning!




well I would like to say that I was up bright and early this morning, well I suppose that 7am is early, but I had a bit of a lie in after besty friend Francesca's housewarming last night.

I was a little the worse for wear when I got home and am not feeling 100% this morning, but I still have the first (of many) loads of washing on the go.
I am not sure how my wheatflakes and almond milk are going to settle this morning, however one high spot is that England are in action and I am going to have to hurry to Lady laineyville to drop things at the charity shop and then get home in time for the start......................or do I watch it and do everything this afternoon?
decision, decisions!

News came through last night that the wonderful Don Robson had sadly passed away. Don was the man who finally brought first class cricket back to Co Durham.
I was lucky enough to be seated with him a few times at Dunelm Cricket Society dinners in London and he  kept me very well entertained with his stories.
His drive saw all the conditions that had been put on him, met, in order to have The Riverside ground built.
A truly great Durham man and one who will be sadly missed.



Over in the World T20  my boys in orange had their matched washed out again. sadly this had meant that Oman go through and The Netherlands are eliminated.

'he who must not be named in the blog'  ( yes he is back), has been reported in the Australian press as saying that England are going to struggle in the T20's.

Well he would wouldn't he?

Of course they would win if he was playing!!
I for one am just looking forward to more cricket in the run up to the County Championship.

And my champs arrived safely in The UAE last night ( as I was champagne swilling), they are now in training for the up coming matches. No doubt they will be around the pool in their speedos later!.

Hark, I  hear the spin cycle, time to go and 'hang me smalls' out.

have a super Saturday




No comments :