Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 March 2016

Committee or not committee, that is the question




Well, well, well!!!!!! it was brought to my attention yesterday that instead of calling all the Yorkshire faithful to arms in terms of voting 'the right way', I should dust off my 'Queen Bee' tiara and  put myself up for the job as 4th member of the Committee!!!

As you know I am very determined to be 'the Queen of Cricket' and have my ( some would say Yorkshire biased) views heard. And what better way than to  put my name in the hat!

 So what would I bring to the table?

Well I pack a mean 'cricket tea' so the other members of the committee would not go hungry and my Vegan fruit and nut cake is second to none!
I would look very fetching in  a Yorkshire blazer ( topped off with a tiara with the appropriate gemstones), and I am by far, much better looking than Geoffrey!!

Apparently I have to get 30 votes to be in with a shot, well I have secured 2 already so I am on my way!!!!

Yes indeedy, after standing on the hallowed turf last February,and  in May,having the pleasure of sitting next to Dickie Bird for lunch  when I was an invited guest of El Presidenti and The First Lady of Middlesex CCC ( Harry and Blossom to those in the know), having  my legs whipped under the lunch table by the lovely Queenie ( guide dog par excellence). I think that I could hold my own against Geoff ( I could make a very non Ladylike joke there but I won't!).

Michael Vaughan has spoken out against the mighty Boyc so I need to get  him on side ( 3 votes). And I only have 3 weeks to get another 27 supporters. Best hot foot it to Leeds !!!!

Well now what would Yorkshire make of a fiery  redhead on the panel?????


Serious and sad news filtered through yesterday as it was announced that Worcestershire's Tom Bell has suffered a set back in his fight against testicular cancer and will miss the  start 2016 season due to having to have another round of chemotherapy.

The 22 year old  was informed that there is a small area of cancer in his lymph nodes and this has to be  dealt with quickly.

I wish Tom a full and speedy recovery as I am sure you all do to.

And now????

Well I may have delusions of grandeur but 'would be Queen of Yorkshire 'or not I still have to do the washing and the housework, as staff are short on the ground here at Chateau de Champions!!!

Ah well best get to it!




No comments :