Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 March 2016

Fantastic!, it's F(ryan)day





Thank goodness it is F(ryan)day, it's been a long old week, which has been made longer by the pain in my derrière ( and I mean that literally, I am  not talking about the office boys!).

However I, Lady Lainey was much excited yesterday as I was heading off to  'The Riverside', home of former besty home county, Durham, to listen to Dr Dean Allen give a talk on his book,'Empire, War and Cricket in South Africa'.

I had first heard about this book when Dean featured on TMS just after Xmas, talking about it during the lunch interval.
I had been lounging in my bed ( well I was on holibobs), when the interview came on, and was hooked, so through the wonderful interwebby thingy and Twitter I contacted Dean and ordered the book.

Little did I know that plans were afoot to bring the 'roadshow' up here to the icey wastes of the North.

What a brilliant evening, Janey came along too and we both sat in complete silence ( now that's a first!!) and listened to the whole story unfold.
I came away with my signed copy and had the pleasure to spend a wonderful  hour + with Dean and Gabi afterwards.

Tonight they are at Richmond ( North Yorks) Cricket club and I would highly recommend that you go, if you are able to, and if not buy the book.

I was going to save it to read when I am at Headingley next month, however, I thought 'one chapter won't hurt'..........................
one led to two, and lights went out here at the Chateau  at 2am!!!!! On a school night!!!!
The book is now in my bag ready to come out at lunchtime at work!!

Tired or not this morning I scanned through the cricket news.....................oh how I laughed!!!!
Even though my back was killing me I was shaking with mirth!!!!

What had brought on this fit of the giggles so early on a F(ryan)day?????

only the news that Stuart Broad wants to play in the 2019 World T20 ( its being played here in Blighty).
Oh how I chuckled, this from the bowler who is 'crocked' more than he is 'uncrocked'!!!
2019 is 3 years away!!!

Well give him his due, he is looking ahead and planning!

Right after a very late night ( early morning) I  am heading off to Super swanky Lady Lainey office to shout at boys, drink copious amounts of coffee ( with a Green Tea chaser), and look pretty for the last 7 hours of the working week.

Bon Journee




No comments :