Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 March 2016

RESULT!!!!



these were the scenes in Chateau de Champions yesterday as the news came through from the Yorkshire AGM  ( thank you Gary!) that  Geoff Boycott has not been voted onto the board. you may think that this is a tad unsportsmanlike but I personally had my reasons.

1. The board needs business brain and not cricket brain.

2. The board keep the club moving in the right direction.

3.The board takes into account the members, the life blood of Yorkshire.

4. The board does not interfere with the playing side of the club.

I feel personally felt that Geoff Boycott would not be able to adhere to these most especially the last one.

I will say that Geoff has been a true and faithful servant of Yorkshire and hopefully always will be.
The members cast their votes and made their voices heard.
He told the Telegraph that he was saddened not to have been elected and that he had no plans to interfere with the cricket.
However I feel that, like myself ,the members felt that it would have been only a matter of time before it was too tempting for him to give his 'two penneth worth' regarding the cricket.
The boys need no other help than the amazing back room staff that they already have.
The business is now sorted and we move onto the start of the season.

I spent most of the day avoiding the  apocalyptic weather as we were hit by Storm kate. Well she was obviously in a foul temper as the skies went black and  we were lashed with torrential rain and high winds.

I went to visit my friend Lorraine, what a pair, her with her broken back and me with my 'rear end injury'.  A great four hours were passed laughing and reminiscing  about our years as 'Brownies'.

I got home to watch England very nearly 'do an England', in the World T20 .
It was a rollercoaster to say the least, and England pulled through to reach the semi -finals.
I predict that things may get worse for them now, as they need to really up their game.


Today sees sunshine but a bitterly cold wind.
I am having a visit from Dame Didi this afternoon so I think that I need to get on and do some housework before she arrives.

And it is Easter Sunday, so time to tuck into your Easter eggs, or in my case eat your body weight in nuts and fruit.

Have a peaceful Easterday.

No comments :