Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 March 2016

up with the larks & the blackbirds & the magpies.......


Yes my little feathered friends managed to wake me up  which was a good thing as coverage of the  MCC v Yorks match is on 5live sport for the next few day and I will be listening, Sadly as I type Yorkshire have lost their two opening batsmen and Captain Gale is in with Gary Ballance.


It's also great to hear the 'Voice of Yorkshire' Dave Callaghan  giving the commentary, the season is well and truly here!!!

Yesterday was a busy day in the chateau with washing being the order of the day and then getting on with a spot of sewing, which is a top secret project for a present. As well as 'sorting ' out a surprise Easter pressie.

Then I made sushi!

Yes indeed I did, I made sushi vegan style.

And it was delicious!
I  also made bread and soup  which is to set me up for lunches for the next few days.

Today I am washing again, this time it is the trusty 'blanky' who has many a trip out to the cricket at the start of the season ( and sometimes until July at Chester le Street).
I am also going to start the cleaning of the flasks in preparation of the many cups of coffee they will be carrying over the course of the next 6 months.
Yes it's a full on cricket prep day as well as Yorkshire listening day.

In the World T20 India defeated their rivals Pakistan in a rain affected match (which seems to have been quite a lot of the matches).

Today South Africa are taking on Afghanistan which has a 9.30am start (GMT).

I am now off to have a super vegan breakfast of mushrooms on toast and prepare everything for the coming working week.

So with that I will take my leave but not before letting you know that the score as it stands at 7.55am is 59-2 and there is the  prospect of hearing Gillespie the Gallant talking to Cally later this afternoon.

Happy Sunday


No comments :