Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Has spring arrived?




What a beautiful sunny day we had here in the north east of Blighty yesterday. After being woken up by the birds singing, the sun came up and it was a wonderful spring day.........................you just know that it won't be like that for the start of the cricket season!

Yorkshire were baking in sunshine ( with a bit of wind) in their opening pre season match in The UAE against Lancashire.
Adam Lyth went very very early and Gary Ballance and Alex Lees took the helm and steered the boys onwards. Ballance hit 103 off 188 balls. Before retiring.
Yorkshire  posted  313-6 with TLJL adding 35 to the score.
it's looking good for today.

England were playing their second warm up match which saw 'new Tyke' David Willey take a hat trick, lets hope that this is the start of something good for the forthcoming season.

All eyes on the team for tomorrow.

Things in the  chateau are hotting up in the  ongoing  'clear out', as lots of things were being packed up ready to be posted after a mammoth selling spree on ebay.
I am not sure whether this is helping in the determined effort to find out the colour of the dressing room carpet, but at least things are being disposed of.

I am making it my mission to continue this  massive effort until I am no longer surrounded by so much junk.............................looks like this could be ongoing for a while!
I am just not sure how one person has managed to accumulate so much 'stuff;!

Today is full on at the chateau as I tackle another  O & M manual, if only they were as easy to sort out as my blog, I would be flying through them.

So with that in mind I am off to do my thing.

And we are day 4 in the vegan challenge.

This evening we are having 'veggie' cakes with  asparagus, whilst falafel and pea shoot salad is the lunchtime treat.

well off to shout at boys, drink copious amounts of green tea and look pretty ( tired) for 7 hours.







No comments :