Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 April 2016

back to a full day in the office




Oh well I am back to the three full days in the office!
Its not too bad as next week is a four day week as its Bank Holiday weekend coming up.
Yes a weekend full of promises to do amazing things in the Chateau...................which will still be waiting at August Bank Holiday!

And due to snow, rain, hale and everything else, the lawns in the extensive grounds of the chateau still remain in need of their first trim of the season.

However that is all to come.

So yesterday in Durham, well snow stopped play as a blizzard hit The Riverside Ground. What the 'Donald Duck' is going on???
I, Lady Lainey was enveloped in every form of warm attire I possessed,   even down to my cable knit pom pom hat! Not very Ladylike and difficult to fit on over my tiara, but if I hadn't put it on  my ears could have been in danger of developing frost bite!
Snow did in fact put paid to the day for the teams

I tell you I have never experienced coldness in the cricket season like this, not in all my '21 years'!

I also got a tad cross when Captain Colleywobble tweeted to the ECB to play April matches in Dubai!!!
So take the cricket to the UAE for a month still charge the members a fortune  for tickets, for even less cricket, that makes sense!!!!

The ECB have already deprived us of 2 matches next season so should the old duffers decamp to the UAE for April I can see that  The County Championship will cease to exist in a few years ( as if we have rain in May, the 'Colleywobbles' of cricket will want an extra month in Dubai!)

I get to see limited CC matches with working full time ( well tipping up in the office and looking pretty),  I still have to pay full price for my membership as there are no concessions for 21 year olds! Taking, possibly,another two matches abroad will not help the cause in the UK although it will help the coffers of the ECB and SKY!!!!!!!

I am getting heartily sick of  all of this talk, can no one see sense!
We have had a cold spell, this is England and this is April!!!!!!!!!

Right before I get into major ranting mode I will talk about His Royal Ryanness who limped off the field yesterday morning.

He had injured his ankle and was being assessed most of yesterday.
I am awaiting more news!!!

My Boys  managed to put on 379 runs but just missed out on full batting points.
Warwickshire put on 205  by the time they wrapped up ( being the operative word) the  days play, and Rashid had managed to remove 'the man with no lips'.
Ttoday Chopra  and Trott are the two scalps that they need.

COME ON YORKSHIRE!!!!!

And so I head off to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, I will however be keeping abreast of what is going on in Brum.

Its wet and rather cold today ( the temperature is currently -1!). So I am guessing thermal long johns will once again be the order of the day!

oh, before I forget, there is a big showdown going on at Headingley in a couple of weekends time, when the Chairman  Steve Denison faces the bowling of Liam Plunkett, it's all for  charity and more info can be found here
https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/4653/yorkshire-chairman-to-swap-suit-for-cricket-whites

raid your piggy banks for a great cause.


and forgot to say Alan Donald has been appointed as Australian Bowling coach so now can everyone leave our Dizzy alone!!!!


A tout a l'heure







No comments :