Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 April 2016

It's another cricket Sunday!



Oh yes it is another cricket Sunday but sadly for me I am not in Birmingham, although 'my boys' are, after being safely transported  ( I hope) by their top chauffeur Mark Boyle. ( top boy and he reads the blog so he deserves a mention)

I will be picked up by my personal chauffeur Mr Funky in the big blue 'Funky bus' and delivered to The Riverside ground where we will be joined by 'The Middlesex massive' AKA El PResidenti and The First Lady ( no not Barack and Michelle!)

An talking about them, we had a wild night out in Durham last evening, when we headed off to Zen, to partake in some food, and drink. There was however much more mirth than my sides were used to and I can honestly say they are aching this morning.

It was great to relive the days when El Presidenti and I used to oversee the under 15's cricket tours( he as Manager, me as Assistant manager/white washer/ packed lunch maker).....................which involved some  matches for the boys and some serious drinking in the evenings for the 'grown ups' Harry ( AKA El Presidenti) was always prepared at breakfast with ibuprofen and I would  make the 'virgin Mary's, which somehow got us through the morning.

Ahh yes!!! We also reminisced about  the evenings when Harry and I would meet up at the cricket pavilion of Merchant Taylors and partake in 'over proof' rum and diet coke. I tell you that rum was a cure for everything, including blocked sinus's if you drank it neat ( I have first hand experience of this!).
We decided that when I head off to Lords in September for  the match between 'my boys' and 'his boys' we will be partaking of  Sloe Gin Martinis ( with my homemade sloe gin).
Its a tough job being besties with El Presidenti..............................but someone has to do it!!!

I have everything packed ( including a good a goodie bag for El Presidenti) and just have to throw myself into the shower and then I will be ready to go.

I will be keeping on top of what is going on in Birmingham, I expect His Royal Ryaness   to be on 711 wickets by close of play ( if they decide to bowl)

Will I be impartial at today at the match between Durham and Middlesex.........................well what do you think!

Come on you Southern Softies!
The scene of some serious run drinking !




No comments :