Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 April 2016

New week




Yes a new week is starting and  sadly for me , this one is a five day working week!. Chuffing heck, that is going to be tough, I will have run out of steam by Wednesday!

Anyhoo back to  yesterday, well I got on and got  the washing finished, the leftovers from dinner on Saturday  were consumed, answers all my 'whatsapp' messages from St Lucia and then got myself settled down on the sofa to watch the cricket.

I didn't even have time to take a sip of coffee before  we were 2 men down, and by the time we had lost 4, I had hit the bottle!

Poor batting or superb bowling?

Whatever it was The West Indies were giving it their all with their bowling.

England closed on 155 and the scores are too poor to type.

However things took a turn for the better as England bowlers stepped up, and the Windies lost 3 wickets with only 11 runs on the board.
Twitter came alive as ' the faithful' declared that it was 'time to start the bus'

Ahhhhhh hubris!!! ( my favourite word and one that I can apply to a lot of Twitterites).


Marlon Samuels 'dug in' and saw the team through to the end.
The last over is one that will be remembered by both sides.

Stokes was bowling and with the Windies needing 19 to win, I really think that all England fans thought it was in the bag.
However Carlos Brathwaite  had other ideas and hit 4 consecutive 6's for the win.

Now Twitter lit up with those blaming Stokes ( no one man is a team as I say often enough) and those supporting him.

Sadly that is the nature of the game, there has to be a winner and a loser.

What did amaze me  was self  professed intelligent people plagiarising Tweets. Maybe not as smart as they vocally profess to be, but to be honest I had noticed this for a while.

Some cracking tweets from Sophie though which made me chuckle most of the afternoon.

And so we now move on.

I am gearing myself for  Headingley and the season ahead.

I am also into 'Stage 2' of super mahoosive house clear out.

Yes I have two weeks to complete this mission and then I am heading down the A1.

As I am now but only as far as Lady Laineyworkville!


No comments :