Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Shock news



It was very hard to take in the news yesterday that James Taylor the teeny batsman for both England and Nottinghamshire, would be retiring forthwith!

He announced that he had been found to have a serious heart condition and that he would not be able to continue playing cricket and would be having an operation in the next few days.

The strength of this young man shone through as he had to let the cricket world know what was happening in his life.
His bravery is commendable.
I take my hat off to him and he will be sadly missed on the circuit.

Get well soon James, I genuinely think that there is not one member of the cricket family who does not wish you well and a speedy recovery.

The shock news at Trent bridge was not helped by Surreys Harinanth hitting a century . they lead by 76 runs.

Rain washed out the match yesterday at Yorkshire and was also not great in Lady Laineyville where I 'popped' out at lunch time looking 'ladylike' and returned looking like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards.
There has been little let up in the rain over night and I suspect that my boys may not get out on to play today either.
Durham were also blighted by the weather.

The start of the season is not being helped by the weather but it is early days, and summer is just around the corner.

I have ordered wall to wall sunshine next week, I don;t care if it is on the cold side as long as the sun is out and there is cricket being played. I am packing a hot water bottle and my blanky for good measure!


So now I am doing the sou'wester and wellies and preparing to head out into the monsoon like conditions that we are experiencing.

until tomorrow...............



No comments :