Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Middle of the week, thank goodness



Ah it is Wednesday the middle of the week and time to put my feet up....................................if only!!!

Yesterday was full on busy and being as tired as I was, it did not make the day at all easy.
I was listening to the match  between Surrey and Middlesex and keeping an eye on  all things Yorkshire, which was not made better by rain which had them playing 'pavilion hokey cokey' yes they were in, out, and probably shaking it all about too!

and then at 3.45pm I got a message saying that I had won some test match tickets or tomorrow!!
well I  was super excited but  after sorting everything out I still had a spare ticket.
no problem I thought!

How wrong I was, after emailing and messaging every cricket fanatic friend I had in the Northern area ( and some in the south, Rob), I could not shift the ticket.
Oh well since no one wants to sit on the other side of me and play 'kneesy' I guess that one ticket is going to waste. What a shame

so back to yesterday and cricket.

Well El Presidenti was  safely ensconced at The Oval and was on jolly good form judging by the messages he was sending. Middlesex were motoring away as Ollie Rayner took 6 wickets putting them into a strong position, however rain is forecast today which is not good for them

At Chester le Street Durham were moving along nicely and if there is no rain and they declare and then bowl Lancs out I might be a very 'jolie lapin'.
Please just do not let them 'do a Durham' and fold!

And then there was my boys, who were struggling against Somerset!
 Even with Lyth's 106 they  were not doing well, the next top scorer was Garry Ballance with 37!
TLJL could only muster up 17 which is 'tres desevant' and I was beyond despair when I heard that he was out.
However the tail was wagging and Patterson and Brooks were overnight on 32 & 34 respectively.

COME ON BOYS!!!

And then there was Trent Bridge!!!!!!
WHAT THE DONALD DUCK WAS GOING ON THERE!!!!?????

16 wickets went in a day and 'Big' Luke Fletcher took  4-25.........................proving that top brass at Notts were wrong to dismiss him!

Today they need  to rack up 206 runs to win.
tall order?
We will have to wait and see.

Today I have lots and lots and lots to do before I head off to Headingley tomorrow, however a surprise day away from the office will put me in a good mood.

And if anyone in Yorkshire reading this wants the spare ticket let me know, it's free and I don't want to see it go to waste!


Oh well here we go, let Wednesday commence!








No comments :