Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 May 2016

OMG!!!!



This is how I think I looked at 7pm last night, drenched in sweat...........although being a Lady I don't sweat I glow, so this how 'glowy' I think I looked last night.

And why you may be asking?

Had I gone out and tackled the mowing of the Deer park?

Had I been to the gym?

Had I pulled a cork  out of a wine bottle?

Well it was none of the above although at 5.45pm I was tempted to do the latter!

So what was the cause for the  'glowing lady'?

Well yesterday at Trent Bridge it all started to 'go off.

I has been listening at work to the commentary 'on't wireless'. the game looked as if it was going to slope off in a draw, but Yorkshire with wickets in hand decided to make a game of it!


Chasing down 256 after tea they  went for it.
So the last 'hour or so' was the most nail biting match I have ever seen.

With Root and Lees at the crease it looked as if we could do it, but Root went and Lees hit his century  and Jonny B came out and hit a quick fire 35, Plunkett hit 11 and then it all started to fall apart.

Nottinghamshire were obviously smelling blood as Jake ball continued with his amazing bowling.

With one over to go we still had Jack Brooks in the pavilion, but Broad bowled Patterson and it looked as if it was all over.


OMG I was on the edge of my seat, I was hiding under blanky, I went into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee, I couldn't keep still!

Jack Brooks hung on for the required 2 balls and the match was drawn.

What an amazing match and an even more amazing show of sportsmanship ( even though it could have gone all wrong).

Now a word to the Yorkshire boys.

Please do not do this again this season. Her Ladyship is renowned for having the very nasty heart inflaming, temperature spiking lurgy which means she ends up in hospital. I tell you I am not sure my palpitating heart can take another match like that!!!!!!

Well done to both teams.

GAME ON!!!!

















No comments :