Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 May 2016

Sunny Sunday



its sunny and Pete the pigeon is alternating between sitting on the 'boundary'  and trying to flatten the garden fence!
Yesterday he methodically worked his way through, 'fat balls', sunflower seeds and peanuts, whilst I methodically worked my way through strimming, digging and loading the limo with the branches hacked from the bushes which border the vineyard.

I took them off to the tip, met up with Countess McNally and  the royal hounds on their way home from their walk.
Anyone passing the Blue Bridge in Lady Laineyville at about midday yesterday will have seen a wild orange haired glamazon being jumped on and kissed by a three legged lurcher and now slimmed down Doberman.

I then did the shopping and a fair bit of cooking before  retiring to the garden to sort out my hydrangeas ( not a euphemism!).

And today?

Well my boys are at Taunton and no doubt filling up on a healthy breakfast as I type.


I was considering a trip to Chester le Street, but I soon got over that!!!!, so I will today continue with the important things, taking up some turf ( and weeds) and preparing for the laying of the new patio, although when that will actually happen is as much your guess as mine!


I also have 2 bags of 'stuff' for the charity shop, another bag of books for the book stall at Headingley and the dressing room carpet is now littered with more things to go on ebay.

So you see I may not be at cricket but I am being jolly busy!

I was reading about the ICC appointing it's first Independent Chairman, Shashank Manohar. He was previously President of the Board of Control of Cricket in India.
He wants to  grow the sport and engage a new generation of fans.

Oh Lord!!! bring on the dancing girls!!!

You can see where this is going!!!

And before I get into a full on rant..........................I bid you a Happy Sunday.



No comments :