Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 May 2016

The best laid plans......

.........of Lady Lainey!

So I set off from the Chateau, and was beaten from the start as the A1 was closed for 6 junctions meaning that my 67 mile journey to Leeds ended up being 101 miles!

AND I was too late to beat the road closures with the Leeds Half Marathon , which meant that I spent nearly 3 hours sat at a junction, plucking my eyebrows, putting my slap in and dying for the loo. The local 'friendly ' shop keeper refused to let me use their facilities, so when I arrived at Headingley and had unloaded the car and taken my car to 'North Africa' ( car park F), and then  come back into the ground I was nearly 'beside' myself.

Not the best start to the day

However by the time I had got to my seat,Yorkshire had already taken a Surrey scalp, which made me feel a little happier.

Then Yorkshire cricket friend Gary came over to chat and  after lunch we had a couple of glasses of fizz to celebrate his upcoming birthday.

Yorkshire meanwhile dropped a few catches but were taking wickets and had Surrey  all out before close of play.

Not before Jason Roy showed his dislike of Yorkshire supporters all 2 of them!!!

And when no 10 came in.........

 I thought 'OMG Rupaul has really let him/herself go!',then I put my specs on and saw that it was Rampaul!!!!!!.........easy mistake for the visually challenged!
 
Lyth and Lees  took to the field for the remainder of the time.

So I went to ask if I could bring my car up to the stadium from 'North Africa'.
 I was then made to stand at the main gate for 5 minutes whilst radio contact was made with the 'mothership'! Then I had to verify my name, room number, bust size and my mums granny's cats name.

I went to get the limo, drove back, was made to wait at the gate whilst they confirmed with the 'mothership' that I was on camera, then had to drive 19 yards to a parking space with my hazards on..................and was stopped by another jobsworth telling me I was not allowed to drive around the ground!!!

By this time I was at boiling point,(FFS I am a flipping red head!!!).Was this really the agreed  'lone female' charter?????

I got to my room  with the thought of going out to get some dinner having totally  lost any appeal. Did I really want to go through it all again!!!

 So I stayed in the hotel, hungry, angry and very tired...................


And so now I am going to cancel all booking here ( except the one with Fun Sophe). Which means that mid  May, there will be no decent hotels to stay in, I will be only doing Sunday matches at Headingley as I will have to drive the 135 mile round trip daily, so it will be Sundays only...........and I do not like Leeds Rugby at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Short but sadly to the point, I have woken up this morning still in a fury( yes Didi you know what I am like) and god help anyone who crosses me today!!!!


Oh and 'Come on Yorkshire!!!'


No comments :