Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 July 2016

Those boys!!






Well it is Saturday and I am hobbling round like a hobbling thing.................why, you may ask.

Well last night ( having deferred it from  Thursday) was my first night back at the gym in nearly 6 months. Yes can you believe it is nearly 6 months since I bounced down the stairs at work and injured my coccyx!

Well by the time I was about to 'go up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire' I could hardly put one foot in front of the other and resorted to crawling the remainder of the stairs.

However I made 7 am at the gym this morning.
I managed to pull on my 'gym pants' which luckily had enough lycra in to accommodate the tub of lard that I have become.
25 minutes was all that I could cope with and I walked ( limped) home and am  now having a pint of water and a coffee.

It will be a swim in the morning and then  back again on Friday  with lots of walking inbetween.

News has filtered through that I may not make Scarbados!!!!
I am expecting a visit from a group of Kiwis and it looks as if they will be arriving when I am due to be at the seaside!
I am hoping that they will arrive later but at the moment it is not looking too promising for my cricket holiday.

Anyhoooo that aside, the boys were taking on  Warwickshire at Headingley last night.

They went into bat, and put on 156-6 in their allotted 20 overs. Williamson 48, Ballance 33 and TLJL 6 not out.

Warwickshire lost their first man in the first over and then  it took a further 5 overs to dismiss Bell who racked up 30.
Porterfield hit 48 and was their highest scoring batsman.

it was not looking too good until the 17th over when the lads went into over drive and between then and the end of the game  managed to send three back to the pavilion with no score.
They won by 2 runs.
If I had been able to 'run' around the chateau with my Yorkshire shirt over my head I would have, but did manage a  fairly half heated limp around the kitchen.

And today?

well you know the score by now, washing and housework..................until 2pm when I will be on the chaise longue watching Notts V Worcs.





No comments :