Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 July 2016

Yorkshire play a blinder ( sorry Sophie)



YORKSHIRE, YORKSHIRE,YORKSHIRE!!!

Yes my boys were at Scarbados yesterday hosting Nottinghamshire, and on a perfect summer day they set to!

Notts went into bat and after a bit of a collapse seeing them 46-5 in the 13th over, they settled down and Mullaney put on 89 runs.

They held on and posted a score of  51-9 in their allotted overs.

Twitter came alive with reports from The Yorkshire faithful as they enjoyed their fish and chips, ice cream, candy floss and rock.

Yorkshire went into bat and loathe as I am to say it, the top order folded like a deck of cards.Lyth managed 39 runs but Travis head and T:LJL were both out for a duck!
I was starting to get a bit worried by this point  50-4 in the 8th over!

Little Tmmy Bresnan came to the crease.......................and stayed there to the end hitting a magnificent 95* a career best in one day cricket.


I got home and quickly tuned into Cally and Dave Bracegirdle's  commentary, it was getting a little bit tight and my stomach was doing backflips.
Big Luke Fletcher was to bowl the final over and I, by this time was physically sick!
Then it was all over and my boys had done me proud!

What is written above, does nothing to show what an amazing game of cricket was seen at scarbados . It could have gone either way and nothing can be taken away from Notts who played a great game.

However well done my boys.
The yorkshire shirt is now stretched out of recognition due to being over my head whilst I do a victory lap. Its worth it though.

I also managed to 'uipset' a 'would be' cricket hack, as news was filtering through that the ECB were seriously looking to franchise the T20 game.

Yes the said 'would be' hack, who spends most of his time writing glowing pieces about the merits of the powers that be, took offence to the fact that I referred to T20 as 'circus cricket' and the fact that the ECB are trying to kill the County Championship.
Well T20 is a circus and a money spinner as I say all the time.
However franchising will kill the game in the North of England I think. ( but I'm a girl so what would I know!).
I was given, by said hack the stats for  the average attendances for matches.
Well take into account that 27,000 people tipped up at Lords the other night that throws the averages in favour of the south and not a true representation of the WHOLE of the cricket country.
I do not see the ECB as a friend of Northern cricket, why else would they arrange for tests to be played early season in the north and let the Southern softies bask in sun later in the season.

Whoops off on a rant and so early too.

Needless to say the hack did not like my comments and ungraciously bowed out!

Well that made me smile!

COME ON YOU TYKES!!!!!!







.

No comments :