Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 July 2016

Yorkshire!!!!! Yorkshire!!!!



So it's nearly 9am and I am only starting the blog, mainly because I have been bouncing round the chateau on a high from last night............................ and putting washing in, putting the dishwasher on, pottering around the garden and chatting on the telephone to Pauly Paul.

So here is Friday evening.

Mr Funky the chauffeur picked me up in the 'funky bus' and off we toddled to Chester le Street.
We parked up and parking next to us was Jane and her Daddy, so we all wandered over to the ground together.

I glared at the rude receptionist as we passed, she looked to be berating someone else at that time!.
We took our seat.

I quickly tweeted to everyone I knew who was going to be at Headingley, asking for 'Yupdates'.

'Uncle Rob' was supporting Northamptonshire from down the pub and in a 'bonny state' by all accounts.

So Lancs went into bat and perversely I was willing them on! Well there was method in my madness.

I was getting updates from HQ, Willey had a tremendous knock putting on 74, TLJL had another great T20 game putting on 30 ( smiling with pride!) and at end of their innings they were 215-6.

Northants, big unit Levi injured his shoulder taking a brilliant catch which sadly saw the end of Captain Lees.
He was taken off the field with his arm in a sling!

Well that's two games with over 200 on the scoreboard!

By this point I was getting super excited, and Lancashire were managed to fight back from a slow ( paint dryingly slow) start to eventually post  176-3.

Meanwhile 'Yupdates were coming through, I was trying to 'whisper' Come on Lancashire, something that you will NEVER hear me do again!!!!

It was getting nerve racking at the Riverside, and then Lancs won by 4 runs. OMG I can't believe I was excited about them winning ....................................BUT there was method in my madness.

Wickets were tumbling at HQ and as Levi could not bat, Yorkshire won by 75 runs.

I was running round with my Yorkshire shirt over my head!

That has to have been the best Friday until next week when Yorks have the return match!
So Yorks have sprinted up the T20 table and are currently in 3rd spot.

And today........................well who cares I am still basking in the enjoyment of last night, but will catch up on the second test.
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT
( he got a century )


No comments :