Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 August 2016

It's F(ryan)day and it's cricket




Happy F(ryan)day one and all and welcome to the second day of the County Championship match between My Boys and some other lads from Birmingham area!

well rain was not playing fair with my boys early on and they had a break to catch up on what was happening on 'bargain Hunt' and then they were back out to it.

Lees saw his run of bad luck continue as he fell for 10.

Captain Gale was also not having a good time of it, as he went with only 14 on the board.

  Travis Head came out to steady the ship and put on 54, whilst TLJL hit a respectable 42, sadly not to make a half century though!

Little Timmy Bresnan put on 28 and is showing way he is proving to be a great allrounder.
it took Steve Patterson and His Royal Ryanness to keep the tail wagging with Patto on 35 and HRR on 11.
Extra batting point.

I was super excited to by this.


Over at the test, not a lot can be said except that Pakistan put on a stirling performance and were 257-3 at stumps, trailing England by 40 runs.

I read that England are struggling without Ben Stokes! Seriously??? No one man is a team, and if they are struggling it is not due to the omission of Stokes, who is breaking down more of late than a 1964 Morris Minor!

I am now in the full on agony as my tennis elbow has reached new heights of pain. Having been pacing the floor at 3am this morning, I currently look as if I haven't slept for a week ( and feel much the same way too).

It's going to be a long day until its time to go up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire!


And with that I am off to check my chickpea patties that are cooking for lunch and then through myself in to the shower.

Short one this morning, nut lots to do and some serious shouting to emit and all before 9am

A tout a l'heure







No comments :