Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 October 2016

Dark days now



Well British summer time has officially ended  and the days will now become shorter and darker, although today is warm as I found when I went to hang out the washing. yes everything is back to normal here in the chateau.

yesterday, I had a very early start as I went off on a 'mystery' trip with my friend Black Knight of the Ferrari, who is back form his extensive travels and already planning his next jaunt.

So what did we get up to..............well,  had no idea what was instore for me when I got up VERY early yesterday and tuned into TMS. What I did not expect was a 'Gin tour'.

Yes indeed I was lucky enough to go and visit several gin distilleries and sample the delights that they made.

this may not be everyones 'cup of tea' but it made for a wonderful day.

I crawled into bed a very tired Lady and then was up again at 4.00am to listen to the cricket.

I have also been promised a visit to the Bombay Sapphire distillery in Hampshire in the near future.

Sadly BKOTF will not be around for my birthday as he is off to Iceland  and Scandinavia 'aurora hunting'; something that he has wanted to do since he was a boy and now had the time to go and do it.

I am expecting lots of wonderful pictures judging by the amount of photographic equipment he has bought.


And so back to today, washing is on the line, the list of junk treasure to put on ebay is made and I have enough food prepared to feed the Yorkshire team and all the support staff, so no cooking this weekend. Although come to think of it I have a butternut squash which is begging to be made into soup so I might just do that.

Over in Dhaka England are in batting and are currently 51-0, but not before some frayed tempers during  the Bangladesh innings.

On TMS decision is split as to who will win this game and it appears that Root has a 'tummy upset' Ballance is in terrible form, and Bangladesh seem to want to win this.

Dame Didi is very excited because she has found out that Le Tour will go through her new home town in France next year...........................she just needs to sell her house in the UK and get herself out there!

Well I need some paracetamol now, you didn't think that sampling all that gin and a champagne lunch would leave me headacheless did you???!!!







No comments :