Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 October 2016

F(ryan)day again





HELLO F(RYAN)DAY!!!

I have been waiting all week for you.

I was up long before the birds and I am now listening to TMS

First day of the 2nd test and England are in the field, and although they took an early wicket, Tamim is motoring away.


Ansari and Finn are playing, whilst they have let 'Nora' put his wrinkly stockinged feet up for this one.

Reviews are ongoing and The umpire is again under scrutiny.................

Back to yesterday in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office.
As you all know I have certain per hates in the killing of the English language.
'Yous' being my number one. There is no plural of 'you'. 'You' is one person, a singular. 'Yous' is used often in the office ( or is it 'ewes'). Well now we have a new addition to SSLL office dictionary.
'Off of' is the latest offering.

As in 'the woman off of the TV'!!!

ARRGGHHHH, the woman is either 'off the TV or she is 'from ' the TV She is not 'off of'!

I tell you the days of teaching grammar in schools is sadly missed.

They also use 'for why' as in  'I will tell you for why'!

I think that my blood pressure goes through the roof .


However I only have 7 working hours until it is the weekend and all the joy that holds.

Yes cricket, cricket and more cricket.

and with that I am on my way.

have a great F(ryan)day





No comments :