Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Thinking ahead



Well now as you know last year was the first year in nearly 5 years that the Christmas tree made it out of the garage AND was put up, in the previous years it had just sat in its box, been kicked a few times and then put back away.

The past few Christmas's had been grim to say the least, Mum becoming very ill, Mum even more ill, lose Mum, lose Grandma Jean, then lose Grandad Derek and then my sister Dame Didi being very ill. So the tree began to symbolise nothing more than tears and heartache.

Well long story short. Last year I decided that I would put up the tree BUT that I would decorate it not in the usual way, but my way, and so my 'Cricmas' tree came to be.

now I am so excited that Xmas is only 2 months away I want to put the 'cricmas' tree up !

Yes I do even before my birthday!

I am actually trying to hold back until after mon anniversaire,  but I am a little excited.

last night I bottled the first of the elderberry vodka so preparations are well under way for the big day.

with the cakes made (although more to make) it is all coming together and it isn't even  November yet.

I'll be getting like Kiki soon with my cards written in July and  presents wrapped in January!!!

It is cold and dark here this morning and this time next week it will be colder and darker!

yes this weekend the clocks go back and we all get an extra hour in bed, BUT we will be going to work in the dark and soon coming home in it too.

It will be time to get out at lunchtime and soak up as much vitamin D as possible.

However on a positive note, it is just over 150 days until April................and cricket

until tomorrow.






No comments :