Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 October 2016

When you take a long hard look at yourself.



Now, as I have not been sleeping, and am totally tired out, it is funny what the effects of sleep depravation do to you. And I don't just mean that you look permanently exhausted!

With a nose redder than Rudolfs, a throat full of razor blades and eyes that appear to be weeping acid  rain, as well as attempting to cough up a lung every few minutes, I look and feel like a wreck!

After lying in bed putting together my 'All time cricket XI',  at least three times and arguing with myself over the fact that I will not drop Angus Fraser, I turned my attention onto my life, family and friends.

I took an amble back down my life and tried to decide if I had my chance again would I change anything?

I guess that there are things and especially people who have entered our lives that we wish had never been  part of it,( see above picture for a clue to that one!) but it does go to shape your life to date.
However that does not include what is happening now, and I realised that it is never too late to make changes.

You cannot judge a book by its cover, but sometimes there are wolves in sheep's clothing and when you realise this, hard as it seems, keeping them at bay is the important thing.
This is not as cryptic as it sounds.

I have in the last year had highlighted to me, ( something that I knew already)

I am way too trusting,

I see the good in everyone ( because there is some  good in everyone)

I try to be helpful if I can

I usually end up getting 'kicked in the teeth'.

I could end up being tarred with someone else's brush ( not my phraseology)

So hopefully when I finally get a good nights sleep I  will be able to tackle my new outlook on life.

This may be the winter of me being  content!

Which should prove interesting.

The one thing that I do know is that change is on the horizon in more ways than one!



Meanwhile in the world of cricket

News in the Daily Mail ( so it must be true!) that the possible rebranding of T20 cricket could be put on hold until 2020, fills me with some sort of hope. if it is true that the ECB are going to have another look at their idea appears to be a result for those of us who were not too keen on change.

Lets see if it is true and if  we are going to have a good old 'blast' again next summer.

Somerset put out an interesting piece yesterday which gave details of where and what the team would be up to in the winter. It made interesting reading.

Wonder if we can get some info like this on other counties.


Jimmy Adams announced that after 5 seasons he would be leaving Kent. Where he is going is not known.
Kent are currently calling for  arbitration with the ECB over the decision for Hampshire to step back into Division One instead of them.
Hmm Yorkshire are in need of a coach!!

And so with that I am off to blow my nose, wipe my eyes, take some tablets and hope that I feel better by this time tomorrow.












1 comment :

ricky said...

I trust you are not at work ? you need some R&R Lains