Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 November 2016

busy old weekend










well I have been up since stupid o'clock  to watch the cricket and I have also managed two loads of washing and got the next batch of Christmas cakes mixed and the tins lined, all that  before 7am.

Yes a usual Saturday, however as I have not turned over my 'Yorkshire CCC' calendar it is more like 'Jackurday'!!!!

I have lots to do today and cricket or not I intend to get it done.

The Horsechestnut is dropping its leaves so they need to be gathered up and dumped in the garden incinerator ready for tonight. Yes it's bonfire night so I can set the incinerator going and have a proper old burning session.

I may even have a bit more of a hacking session at the bushes and get all that burnt.

There is now cherry and grapefruit vodka in production  and I can tell you there are going to be some jolly fruity martinis over the Christmas season.

I had news from besty work chum Rob in Dubai, he is only coming back to the UK, like end of the month, like that's my jaunt to the hell hole of Arabia is now out of the picture.  Never mind, it means more pennies for other things like, tiaras and handbags...........oh I forgot I am not allowed any more handbags!


Right back to the cricket,

Very distressing news for I,Lady Lainey as 'The Stare' himself has gone and gotten himself injured!. Yes Dale Steyn is out of  cricket for at least 6 months with what seems to be a fractured shoulder.

I tell you he had better get himself fit and back in the squad before I go to Trent Bridge to see him next year!.

However in their 2nd innings South Africa are 295-3. Duminy hit a tremendous 141 and Elgar is on 114 not out.

I have everything crossed for them.

Right.............3rd load of washing done and I am about to pop to Tesco.

Lots to do.

have a safe Bonfire night




No comments :