Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 November 2016

Nearly the weekend.............



 and it's going to be a busy one, we are all in full on 'cricmas' mode here at The Chateau and the preparations continue.

I know that with my lack of 'Cricmas' spirit  over the last few years  you may be surprised by my over enthusiasm for it now.

I have put a lot of things into perspective lately and am making the most of everything. I am not putting the tree or the decorations up just yet but believe me I may even trump office boy Pony Paul who normally gets his house sorted in mid November.
I don't go with the lights outside and the plastic snowmen on the lawn, its not really my thing, but 'The Gentlemen of Tykeshire' ( see above)  get their wicket  decorated for the Yuletide season.

however that is all to come, so what has been happening elsewhere?

Well very early this morning saw the start of the Australia v South Africa match. I did stay in bed as I am still struggling to get to grips with losing an hour.
Dale 'The Stare' Steyn is playing (youpi)  but at the moment South Africa are on 132-5!

I will be keeping an eye on this during the morning.


Having reported on Michael Vaughan comments on Gary Ballance yesterday I see that quite a few of you are in agreement with me that he needs to come home for the winter and get  down to some work. The boy looks tired and a little 'lost'. He needs to have a bit of a break and then come back fully charged.

It is now a week until I head off to Headingley to see 'When the eye is gone' and meet up with my besty cricket chums. To say that I am excited is an understatement!!! it is part of the ongoing birthday celebrations.

So today I am off to the office and await the arrival of the Simon the big boss from London.
Now this should be interesting!

I am guessing there will be no singing or swearing today so that will be  a welcome change.

until tomorrow..................




No comments :