Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 December 2016

Thought for Thursday



I suddenly realised that in just under 2 weeks time ,as of today, we will have seen the shortest day come and go and will now be on the way back to Spring. The days will gradually get longer  and I for one cannot wait!
Yes I know its a way off, but hey its a great thought for Thursday.

I need something to get me through the day today, which did not have too early a start.

Although cricket started at 4am (ish) I decided that as I am still only at 45% health wise I would just wake up when I woke up, and so it was the usual 5.15am 

I am now listening to the thoughts and decisions on 'red cards' and bat sizes.

Firstly a card system for discipline?

1. Some players have no respect for an umpire so imagine them accepting a card from them;

2. Some players are total thugs with foul mouths and need to be carded as fines don't seem to work.

3 The Umpires in tests cant even make a decision without it being reviewed, I think the card system will not work in Internationals ( but should be used here more so).

I can see a player being carded in a test and then being surrounded by the whole team just like football,

And this is not football this is cricket.

No to cards in my books


bats?

Size of bats?

Why not colour of bat grips?

Oh my goodness this committee wanted to have a little jolly to Mumbai, bit of chat, bit of cricket and some made up ideas to make it look as if they were really having a meeting.

Am I right?

Oh and by the way Captain Cook was out before lunch.
Short one today I am on need of extra caffeine and need to be in the office slightly earlier this morning.

Have a good Thursday, the weekend is close


 

No comments :