Powered By Blogger

Saturday 21 January 2017

And so 'Le Weekend' et arrive





I am typing this from 'mon lit' as I am struggling to get up today.
Well who cares it is 'Le Weekend' as we would say back home.

Plans for today.................

1. Finish this

2. Have another hour in bed

3. Walk to town (3 mins)

4. walk around town (2.5mins)

5. Walk back to the Chateau  ( long way round 5 mins)

6. Pretend to do 'stuff'

7. have a nap

8. repeat '6' a few times until bed time

There it is in a nutshell

Now is there anything more?

well yesterday I lost my temper rather badly.
The week before ( when I was not at my best) I was asked to  ask a cricketer if he would appear at the local Cricket Club. So after a bit of thought about whether I would ask, I did.
Luckily the said cricketer was more than happy to do the 'gig' and I contacted the club contact to say he would do it .

Now a few weeks ago I had been given a heads up that said club were having  2 other people as a season open evening Q & A.

I didn't think anything about this when I made the request.

So a week goes by and yesterday an email pops up from club contact, saying that  they were having the 2 people I had originally been told about!

Well I was flipping furious, firstly as they were asking me to use my contacts  again, I did this for them last year.And  then  I had to go back to said cricketer and explain who was doing it.
luckily he was OK about it and made me laugh with his response.

From now on, I will be more selective about doing favours.

If said cricketer is reading this once again I am very sorry.


And in other cricket news
YES!!!

Jonny B is back in the T20 squad

Also the ECB and ICC are hell bent on killing cricket in this country as they are now looking at football stadiums to host the World Cup in 2019.
Depriving clubs of revenue and making their balance sheets  turn red, which was the colour of my face when I read the article!

Its way too early for all this ranting so I am going back to sleep.

Bon weekend


No comments :