Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 January 2017

News Tuesday



Well news is in that Little Joey Root is now a 'Daddy' to little Alfred William , yes there is another Yorkshire batsman on the way.

many congratulations to Joe and Carrie on their little bundle of joy who arrived on Sunday.

As you all know I love babies..................and then they grow up!!

Other possible Joey news should be aired very soon, as it is rumoured that Captain Cook is about to step down  in favour of  Joe.
 If this is true then I have even less respect for Cook who played the 'baby' card to explain his terrible performance in the last test, and yes I know every hack on Fleet Street ( yes I know that they no longer hang out there) had plenty to say about it.
This is most definitely the wrong time for Joe to be named Captain only 4 years after his debut. He needs more time, not land in India and have this thrust on him when he is still on cloud nine after Alfred William made his appearance!
Is there a complete lack of sense in the England Camp?
Seriously!!!
I am sendng my CV as we speak as I think that they need a woman in there to sort them out!

Oh dear so early and already on a rant.

After last weeks slating of two South African players who were coming to Hampshire on Kolpak contracts , this week sees two more joining the ranks of Sussex and possibly Glamorgan. These are,  I am led to believe if the ECB OK's, it but it looks like this summer their may be a South African invasion in more ways than a Test Series!!


I have been trying to sort out my holibobs so that  I can sneak in a but of R & R in the sunshine in Dubai, on top of ensuring that I will be seeing as much of Yorkshire as possible. Not as easy as it seems but I think that I will see a fair amount of my boys this summer as well as a couple of Internationals thrown in for good measure.

I managed to sort out the last few hotel bookings for the season and think that apart from possible 'Quarters and Semis' I am sorted.

Very exciting!!!!

I can hardly wait!!!!
Ah well time to head off to the office now, something that I could gladly wait for.


Until tomorrow




No comments :