Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Onward and upward

There I am right at the front of the picture




well we are now getting closer to the start of the season and all this entails.
I had made enquiries about being a 'Yorkie' at some of the matches, but as most are during the week I would have to take  holiday and I am trying to avoid any unnecessary holiday usage so that I can get away to Dubai. What a dilemma, I want to help the club but will leave myself short if I do????!!!!!

Oh well maybe when I retire ( and the way I feel at the moment that is not too far away!)

After all the excitement yesterday afternoon of finding myself ( along with several thousand other Yorkie fans) on the ECB website ( see above pic), I rapidly lost the will to do any work and packed up early  for the day.

I got home and instead if cracking on with all the things that I should be doing, I sat down and continued reading 'Black Diamonds; by Catherine Bailey/ I just cannot put this book down.
It is the story of the Fitzwilliam Dynasty and the Wentworth Estate. I am not saying any more as it is well worth a read.

I fell asleep last night reading it!!!!

I do know that I am planning to visit Wentworth this year.

I also read the news that Trevor Bayliss was ' a little disappointed' with the bowling during the ODI series. Seriously!!! this is cricket news!!???
I think that  we may all have been 'a little disappointed' with areas of the teams performance.
Luckily 'cricket  pundit' Mark Butcher says that they  shouldn't  be too disheartened.
Well that has put my mind at rest...................not!!!

I still think that if we are debating Root for the England Captain role lets have a new ODI /T20 Captain too.

Other news re the team ( and any possible Yorkshire appearances) David Willey had a scan on his shoulder after leaving the field on Sunday and it has been said that there is no significant damage.

Well I am about to leave for the day.
All stations go at the moment and lots to do.


Happy Tuesday 



 





No comments :