Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 January 2017

Sunday slowdown





its Sunday and after a very long lie in yesterday I am trying to get back to regular times and out of the bad ways that I appear to have developed over the Christmas holidays.

Yesterday I  was so sleepy doing my blog that I forgot quite a few things.

 The Adelaide Strikers are going to be losing 'Big'Billy Stanlake, who  has been nabbed by the national team and who I have been banging on about since last seasons BBL.
The Strikers won their first match on Friday and are still in the running but sadly some of the call ups will have an effect on the team.
I still am keeping the faith.

Dame Didi called over for lunch yesterday and I introduced her to full vegan fare, she must have liked it as she had cleared her plate before me!!

I am so excited as I am having a new handbag made for me by the fabulously talented Catherine of 'The Cats Corsets'. The bag will be revealed in its full glory when I receive it. At the moment  we have had a slight delay with the handle. I am bursting to see it in its whole glory.

The rest of the day was spent just doing bits and pieces and sorting out things for the new batch of 'cricknits' which I hope to unveil on their Twitter page and the Etsy shop in time for the new season.

Which reminds me that I am totally excited now that the AGM has been announced to take place on the 18th March. It looks like we will be having a good old 'gang' catch up.

In other cricket news Middlesex have announced that they are having Adam Voges back as overseas player this season. Voges who at present is recovering from a hamstring injury, will be having his fourth spell with the current champs.

And Australia beat Pakistan to make a clean sweep of the series and show that they are on the way back. This was their first series win since February last year.Also they now bolster their numbers  ready for the next round of one day matches.

Interestingly much hyped but not on Lady Lainey radar Aaron Finch has been dropped along with George Bailey and 'newbie; Hilton Cartwright.

Glenn Maxwell is back in the line up so it will be interesting to see how he gets on mow that he is back in the fold.
Ah Glenn 'hotelkeygate' was only just talked about before new year!

Well it is time to strip the beds,and get the washing machine on , then I have some bread to bake, a vegetable bolognaise to make and meet Dame Didi at noon.

Best to get myself sorted then

Maybe Sunday will not be as slow as I had hoped!








No comments :