Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Cricket news






Well I was busy tucking into humus and falafel yesterday ( I am nearly chickpead out after chickpea tagine last night) when I saw the news that Captain Cook is no nore.

Yes finally Alistair has thrown in the towel and given up the Captaincy.
Oh what a flurry of 'we love you Alistair'  ' what a great captain', tweets were flooding Twitter. Funnily enough some by those  who only weeks ago were slating him.
As you know I have been an advocate for him to step down as I think he has lost his way slightly.
If (as many Twitterites claimed) it is because he is missing his children , then we should also be expecting a further notification that he is no longer available for England.
And we know that is not going to happen!!!

I think that he has made the right decision as, the team needs a new blood although who that might be I have no idea.

Andrew Strauss has said that no one has had a conversation with Joe Root about the job.

Woohooo he made that statement a couple of seasons ago when they chased Jason Gillespie for the England coaches job.

Not that I am 'nit picking'  you understand, I am actually shuddering at the thought, as that saying  originates from what female gorillas do when they are interested in a male, pick fleas off him!

No chuffing chance!

I am not for Joe as Captain, although looking at the team I genuinely do not think that there is anyone of 'captain quality' apart from Rooty.

Hecky thump!
We don't see him at Yorkshire now, no chance of a peek if this happens.


Well after the flurry of love and thanks to Alistair I sort of lost my way with Twitter. And I was also totally exhausted.



Today is equally busy, however by the time I get back to the Chateau tonight I think that any report writing will be out of the window and I will be ready to head to bed.



Well its going to be another long day, so I will leave you all to enjoy Tuesday.



No comments :