Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 February 2017

Late night brawls, early calls




Well, no sleep is not the way forward I can tell you, I had a very cunning plan to get a decent nights sleep  last night. ( It involved a hefty glug of Jameson's)

However thanks to a drunken brawl at the bottom of the street which involved some words that I had never heard before and the  local bobbies popping along , I managed to get my head down about 3am and before I knew it my phone was ringing at 5.30am with the first of the days requests.

So now fuelled by French ground coffee I am trying to get myself in to gear.

As  the 'main' Australia team are in India, Australia MkII are hosting the T20 series against Sri Lanka, yesterdays match in Melbourne was won by the visitors. Next match is on Sunday morning UK time .

News that Jonny B has put himself up for the IPL auction means that if he is snapped up ( and why wouldn't he be?) he will miss the first month of the County Championship. This does mean though that the lovely Andrew Hodd may step into JB's gloves.
Hoddy got a massive thumbs up from 2 former Middx CCC Presidents after he chatted to them in the Lords Tavern at the end of last season .

As the Yorkshire groundsmen scarified the hallowed turf yesterday, my thoughts are turning to the extensive grounds of the Chateau, since it is dry I may go out and give it a go today and tomorrow.

Well that and a list as long as my arm of things to do.

So I will keep this short and start ticking off my list whilst (still) answering  work related calls.

Until tomorrow and as its cocktails and canapes tonight I am not sure what time the blog will land tomorrow!

bon weekend







No comments :