Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Looking ahead



Whilst still working through the logistics nightmare that I seem to be living in at the moment  ( like groundhog day but with 'grumps' instead of groundhogs), I scribbled down on my 'to do' list, things to be done in the next 6 weeks. I think that I may meet myself coming back, no change there then!

However that is all to come and at the moment its too full on busy to think of anything other then the next couple of hours.

My early morning (4.30am) ritual now is to find some interesting cricket info to read for half an hour and then scribble on here.

so lets see what today washed up.

Well as expected Joe Root was named as Test Captain, which is wonderful news as he comes from Yorkshire and is a mighty good cricketer to boot.
There has obviously been a lot written about whether he is the man for the job/ready for the job/wants the job.
 Only time will tell on this ( except for the last bit as he wouldn't have taken it if he hadn't wanted it). 
I personally wish him the best of luck and know that he will give it his all.

Not so good news that Sam Harper the young Aussie wicketkeeper that I mentioned had been hit by a bat the other day, is still in hospital three days on.
There has been no other information.
Wishing him a very speedy recovery

A very interesting cricket read this morning on the thoughts of former Aussie test Paceman Stuart Clark. He is quite scathing about International T20 ahead of Australia field a 'second string side' in the upcoming series against Sri Lanka.

He believes that T20 should be solely played at domestic level with the exception of World T20.
As this Australian series comes at they are reaching the end of their season  and with the ;main Australian; team are in India, there are few/none of the big names that people would pay the money to go to see.
Clark is very blunt in his opinion, and it is worth reading.

Well I think that it is fairly well known how I feel about it, but hey that's just me!

I was having a little chat with a chum about the up and coming season and it seems that we are both looking forward to it, and also getting away to see friends ( and family) too during the season.

Well its getting closer.



No comments :